Friday, April 21, 2006

Something way too scary....


After my visit to the physio yesterday I can hardly walk! Thank God Mum is here, that's all I can say. What would I do without her?

After taking a couple of photos of Jonah yesterday, I noticed that one of his eyes is reflecting white instead of red. I knew there was something wrong with that so I searched the net and everything points to a condition known as "retinoblastoma" which is a very rare type of eye cancer. I just burst into tears with my self-diagnosis (sometimes I guess ignorance would be bliss).

This morning I will have to ring around and either get him to a doctor or an optometrist ASAP just to check things out. I wish I could just put my head in the sand about this but, like many things in life, it must be dealt with. I am my child's advocate and this simply must be checked out. Hopefully this will be nothing. Will keep you informed of outcome.


2:30pm. Well, good news! After a very stressful morning at the optometrists, we have got the all clear for Jonah - he has not got retinoblastoma! The optometrist had never seen a photo like Jonah's before but he checked thoroughly and the only thing he could find was that Jonah has got extremely large optic nerves! This apparently causes no problems at all. He says the camera is just obviously catching the large optic nerves and that is what we are seeing. When I work it out,I will post a photo of Jo's eyes so you can see - freaky!

Went to physio at 1:00pm - very sore. Have to go back again on Monday.

1 comment:

Sara Pearcy said...

Wow. Glad everything is okay with Jonah's eyes! That would have been so scarey!

I hope you are feeling better Jill.

xx S.