Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a Weekend!



Sorry for being a bad bad blogger!!!


Boy did I have a terrific weekend at the Australasian Scrapbooking & Papercraft Convention!


As you know this was my first big "teaching" gig and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I don't like standing at the front of the class and teaching so I just basically wandered around the whole time which made me more relaxed. I also managed with the help of painkillers as I slipped a disc while I was away last week (great timing!)....probably why I felt so relaxed!


I also got to meet some fabulous people - all the girls in the classes were fabulous and included Petrina, Lynette (from Scrapbooks, Etc. - who STILL has to give me her blog addy - hint hint!!!), and a heap of other gorgeous girls who I hope will keep in touch. And I got to catch up with Dayleen and Peg from the Scrapapple.com Forum.
and the insanely talent Lu Griffen and Cass Glass!!!

I also had the opportunity to meet Loretta Grayson, Ngaire Bartlam (who is going to decorate my little needle-felted rabbit - can't wait to see it!), the gorgeous Rachelle Minnett, Sandra Gerdes and Michelle Grant (I'll have to put the link in laterMichelle!).


I'll be having a couple of days on my back now to try and be able to move again!



10 comments:

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hi Jill! I finally got around to updating my profile. I hope your back is feeling better! Thanks again for the wonderful projects and the time you took out for our chat!

Love that LO! You rock!

MarniT said...

Hey lovely, so bummed I could not be there but I'm already making plans for next year. So glad you had a great time and I have to say it...."I told you so" I knew you would be wonderful.

Hope the back gets better really soon.

Michelle G said...

It was great catching up with you too!!!! Glad you had a great time!!! It was a fabulous weekend!!!!
Take care of that back of yours!!
Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, sounds like you cruised through the class you were dreading! Wish I could've been there! Hope your back feels better soon!
X Mel

Anonymous said...

wish i could've been there! sounds like a fabulous time!

Louise said...

Oooh I toooo wish I were there ;)

Sounds like you were Fabulouso!! ~ OMG Shock Horror fancy that [LOL XXX].

Petrina McDonald said...

Jill it was so great to meet you too!!!
Make the most of those drugs mate - that ceiling is going to get pretty boring by the end of the week but you will be up and dancing again in no time I am sure.

Love, Petrina :D

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did it - I told you there would be nothing to worry about - although I'm sure the painkillers helped LOL!!!

xMichelle

Ann Lederhose said...

Jill, loved your class, I had an excellent time....and that ribbon trick...WOW is all I can say. Of course, I haven't actually unpacked the LO yet and finished it but I will soon, promise! Might even send you a pic of it!

Hope your back is improving cos next time we meet I want you to be able to bend down while we have our photo taken so I don't look so damned SHORT!!!! LOL

All the best

Ann

Deb G said...

it was a GREAT class Jill...youre a great teacher!!!..Your class was my last one for the weekend...(Monday arvo) and it was relaxing,and inspirational...when I really thouight my brain would be fried!!!so you go girl!! Cant wait to catch up with you again!!