Saturday, April 14, 2007

How Easy is it.....






How easy is it to forget why we are scrapping?




Sometimes I think we all need to be reminded why we are doing this wonderful art/craft. I know that I sometimes put pressure on myself to create the 'perfect' layout....how stupid am I? I get frustrated that I can't seem to create anything! Its funny how when I let all of that stuff go, that the real creating begins IFKWIM!




My reasons are:




I am scrapping for ME AND MY FAMILY (but to be COMPLETELY honest I think I do it for me and that hopefully my family will be interested in what their history was or interested in my little view of the world); I am scrapping because I ENJOY THE CREATIVE PROCESS; I am scrapping because it PROVIDES AN OUTLET THAT IS JUST 'MINE'; and mainly because its FUN!!!




One of the extra benefits of scrapping has been the introduction of some truly wonderful people whom I now call close friends. Now, I simply cannot imagine my life without them. Not to mention the sharing of life, thoughts, ideas and art which, without scrapping, I may never have been able to do. I love keeping up with this wonderful "sisterhood" and get so much joy out of seeing how your lives and art are developing and unfolding.




I've been lucky enough to have two layouts in this Month's Scrapbook Creations! Wowsers. You know, it sounds a bit dicky, but it really is a hoot to see something that you have created in print lol! I still can't come to grips with it - to think that someone else would actually think my work is interesting - unbelieveable?!?!?!? There is also one in Scrapbooking Memories which I completely forgot about! I get just as much of a 'kick' seeing some of my friends with layouts in print too - woo hooo to you all!




Anyway, a bit "deep" today, eh? Oh well - thank you everyone who visits my blog - please let me know you've popped by - I love it!




Have a terrific weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I bet this came about after our talk yesterday!! And YOU are so right!! If only we didn't think we had to be perfect!!

I'm glad to have met you through this wonderful addiction of ours!!

Julie said...

Loving the pages here. I to am grateful for the friendships both online and IRL I'e made through scrapping.

Flinders Pony Club said...

i love your new lo's. And yes it gets a bit hectic trying to make a GREAT layout!! But I think our family will love it anyway...what else matters!!

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate to what you wrote, especially if the layouts are part of dt requirements! love your layouts!! congrats on the pub:)

Jasmine said...

Totally agree Jill :) I've been thinking a lot about that lately. I'm sure that's why my mojo runs and hides so often - I put so much pressure on myself to create "the perfect" layout. It's been said a billion times before and it might sound corny but it's true - our families couldn't care less what products and techniques etc we use in our work, they just love that we take the time to do it at all.

I don't know what I'd do without all my online buddies I've found through scrapping.

Sarah said...

It's true...it's very easy to loose sight about why we started scrapbooking in the first place (though I must admit I do it for me first and if anyone else, family included, like it, well that's a bonus). So glad to have 'met' you on this path....and I can't wait to MEET you very soon. Congrats on having more pages published!!

Petrina McDonald said...

...just popping by... thanks for sharing your deep thoughts - and your layouts - they always inspire me, love your work!!
Petrina :)

Louise said...

Mmmmmm Jill
All I can say is that I find your creations a Joy and a Pleasure to see, and the Inspirtion is priceless!!
I get excited when I see your creations in publication and can imagne the Joy you and your family must feel!!
And, on a completely daggey note, Im get excited when I see your creations in print and on DT/Company sites, I get all warm and fuzzy thinking to my self, I know her [lol].

Cheers from the Dag :)xxx

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm,,,very deep Jill, but I totally agree.
Love those layouts, they look great.