Monday, June 19, 2006

What is it with 12 yo boys?!?!?!?

My gorgeous boy, Zane, has obviously been abducted by aliens and been replaced with this testosterone-filled, smart-mouthed, dirty, smelly, argumentative, parent-hating monster!

Puberty has reared its ugly head in full force in our house and I'm not happy! How dare he grow up and turn from a cute little boys into a hairy-pimply monster - surely this wasn't meant to happen to my dear little boy?!?!?!

I really have to learn to cope with this because otherwise he and I will probably end up killing eachother - we both ended up in tears on Friday nite (sorry about that Marni) so I'm going to have to research some new parenting strategies. Yuk.

Wish me luck everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill,

Wow things are happening for you aren't they? Congrats on the 2nd(?) DT.

As for your 12yo, I'm not really much help as I still struggle with a lot of the same things with my 18yo! Hang in there, keep talking to him (even if he doesn't reply), tell him you love him, you will get through to him.

Crystle said...

Well we have the 15 year old who still ther hopefully that calms down soon!! I know for sure I will have a handsome man from it, I just can't wait to see. I also have a 12 year old and wow, it happened for the first time the other day and I was oh no not again, here we go. If we all come out of this alive bwahhhhhh!!! It will be a miricle.

Welcome aboard we are so happy to have you,
CRystle