Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Grrrr....

Thought I'd have a little whinge on here...as no-one listens at home lol!

I HATE WATER RESTRICTIONS...... For those of you who don't live in Queensland, you may not be aware, but we in Brisbane and Ipswich City Councils, we have Level 3 water restrictions which are a pain in the butt!!!!

With Level 3 water restrictions we are only allowed to water our garden by bucket - no hose must be attached to your outside taps. The over 70's CAN use a hose for ONE HOUR on a Sunday.

I said to Mum today, we are thinking of hiring her out at, say $100.00 per hour on a Sunday (because that is cheaper than a fine for hosing). I think that makes perfectly good sense.

Apparently in October they are going to introduce Level 4 Water Restrictions which means no watering gardens at all! Great! That means we spent nearly $10,000 on our gardens, etc. for diddly squat - think of all the scrapbooking products I could have bought for that!!!

Like I've got time (or inclination) at the moment to be filling @#$*! buckets of water up and watering our plants and our grass!!!! Hello!!!

I can't believe in this day and age and in a Capital City that we have water restrictions - great work Peter Beattie and the Labor Government for your forethought in canning the damn projects that were in place nearly 20 years ago by the previous Government. I say big raspberry to you!!!

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

We're on Level 3 restrictions here too. Our dams here are down to just over 15%. You still see people hosing footpaths and driveways though - that really annoys me, gardens I can understand because they need water, but surely people can put up with sweeping their footpaths. It's such a pain isn't it. Hope your garden gets some rain soon :)

Sarah said...

That's the short sightedness of governments! Why are we only now talking about alternatives to our dams. Bloody stupid I say. We're on water restrictions here too....luckily we still have our bush garden. There's no way I'm spending money on the garden when I can't keep it alive!

Sara Pearcy said...

If we are extremely lucky, Homer Beattie will be getting the BIG raspberry with the upcoming election!

Last year John connected my washing machine and shower outlets to very clever water systems that keep our garden green with the grey water (no more peeing in the shower for the boys - lol). I am waiting for the council to come around to find out why our yard is so green!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Ac ac dc tv protonix Cosmetic surgery and texas propecia marianas Lamborghini maldegem Ac ac propecia Norco medications Neurontin and diuretic neurontin class action law suit cheap dental plans severe combined immunodeficiency California zocor litigation New hockey rink in rochester mn golf shoes Low price home appliances