Monday, September 18, 2006

Jill's Parenting Tip for the Day

NEVER EVER leave a full jar of Vaseline (or similar) in a 4yo's bedroom unattended!

Levi came down with a high fever 39.5 degree last nite and, as he won't take medicine, we have suppositories on hand to do the job (charming, I know!). I have really got it down to a fine art BUT after doing the job left the Vaseline in his bedroom.

About 30mins later, temperature starting to drop, he comes out with his head completely smeared in Vaseline (as well as some books, his bed, toys, etc., ete.) AND he had also smeared his sleeping brother's hair.

TODAY I have washed everything that can be washed!

Unfortunately, after using Baby Shampoo, Adult Shampoo, Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Soap AND Kitchen Detergent (not to mention two screaming 4yo boys) we have not been able to shift the Vaseline from the hair!

Any tips would be appreciated!

10 comments:

lusi said...

Hi hun,
hubby reckons metho or turps normally gets vaseline out but not really recommended for 4 yr old boys and their hair! OMGOsh - I totally feel for you - that's sooooooo something that would happen in this household I tell ya!
If only I lived closer, I could at least give you a hug!
Hope you get it out soon.
Lus x

Julie said...

Oh dear. I do hope you manage to get it out. Had a few giggles trying to picture your boys hair.

Francine Burgess said...

oh Jill what a thing to happen!!!vasaline is a tricky one...perhaps a number one haircut?.lol..sorry Jill but you will laugh at this in years to come..good 21st memory...lol

Unknown said...

OMG Jill. 1 4yo boy is enough trouble - let alone 2! They seem to egg each other on. I have absolutely no ideas about getting the Vaseline out. But I have a question - did you take pictures?

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness!! Maybe the No.1 is a good idea. I don't know how you do it Jill, but I hope you can laugh later ;)

Jasmine said...

Oh Jill!!! I hope you've managed to get it out by now. There's gotta be a LO to go with this story - or maybe a whole album dedicated to their antics :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I so hope you got photos of this!! This is just too funny!! I am not really insensitive, I promise!!

Ruey said...

omg....vaseline!!! Jeromel gave himself a haircut yesterday....sigh....what is it with boys???? *hugs*

Ruey said...

ok...just googled a vaseline in hair tip....omg there are lots out there...your boys aren't the only ones with vaseline in their hair....

http://www.hairboutique.com/tip951.htm

Anonymous said...

SOAP!
That'll do it! Anything like that that is water-resistant, use SOAP!
I'm a hairdresser and it's my tip of the day!
Also works really well on those lads that over-indulge in WAX!
Hope you got it out!

Chelle Xx