Tuesday, September 05, 2006

On the Mend (albiet slowly)

Finally it looks like Jonah has turned the corner. He is actually keeping water down now and was even starting to stir Levi up a bit which is a great sign! Ahhh, how I miss the sounds of them terrorising eachother. No kindy for the boys this week though - I really don't want to risk another illness just yet!

I forgot to mention that I taught my first class on Saturday. I was expecting about 3-4 ladies but instead there were 13 of us! We had great fun and apparently everybody raved about it! The funny thing was that I wasn't even the slightest bit nervous. As I'm a real "solo" type of person was a REAL personal challenge for me.

But I took the attitude that I would just be myself - I was showing them MY creations and, on that, I did know what I was talking about. The girls couldn't believe I've only been scrapping for just over 9 months and also couldn't believe some of risks I made them take.

But congrats to all of them because they all took the risks and ended up loving what they did. They have all booked in for next weeks class already and some of them will be bringing friends along as well - looks like it'll be an even bigger one next week! I'm looking forward to it - (wow, I can't believe this is ME talking - 42 and still learning about myself!)

I got another acceptance from Scrapbooking Memories today which was nice but I'm not sure whether to send it off - I really don't like the fact that you send things to them and you don't really know if and when its actually going to get published. Oh well, I'll think about it.

4 comments:

Crissy Gaylor said...

Congrats on your class! On both scrapping and personal level! I feel that I have also come out of my shell more since I have started scrapping as I am generally shy until I ge to know someone better and then I am LOUD! LOL!
Glad to hear your boy is on the mend.
:)

lusi said...

Well done on the class - sounds so fabulous! :) I'd love to do one of your classes - you really are soooo talented!
Lus x

Unknown said...

That's great that Jonah is on the mend. Congrats Jill, glad to hear your class went well. What's the topic btw? And yes I'm still learning things about me as well (shame it had to take 46 years to learn!).

Francine Burgess said...

woohooo...sounds like your a natural!!! how exciting for you...also good to know that your little one is feeling better,,,mmmmhorrible bugs that get around..not nice for the little ones..