Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Try again today.....

Well it seems as though I'm back in the land of blogging again (hopefully otherwise all this typing will vanish!).

Yet again I have the twins home from Kindy today - they both now have chest infections (again!). It seems this first year at Kindy is dreadful for picking up new bugs, etc. but I guess it will toughen up their little immune systems.

It sounds dreadful and I really struggle with guilt from it, but I so look forward to my days at home without the little ones. They only started kindy this year and only go two days a week. This has become my "sacred" time for just me. It is usually my days that I scrap and I relish those days. I know that the boys aren't well, etc., but I really feel like I am missing out on "me" time. (I sound a bit selfish don't I?.....I'm really overtired so I guess that doesn't help things).

I get really angry with parents that send their children to kindy when they have green snotty noses and chest colds, etc. Surely, these children should be at home - I always thought that "green" meant infection and, if infectious, shouldn't the child be at home?. (OK, so now I'm sounding judgmental!).

Better get off this trip now lol!

3 comments:

Sara Pearcy said...

I'm with you - I have Mia home today (and yesterday) with a yukky nose. Even though other parents don't seem to care, I don't want her to share those germs about.

xx S.

Alicia Barry said...

I'm with you. Kyan had to have a week off daycare last week for the same reason. More antibiotics too. Very inconvenient for me, but we do try to do the right thing.

Camilla said...

I am the same Jill as i told you, and they wonder why there kids keep getting sick if they didnt send them sick the bug might stop. Is that hard to recognise lol. Thanks for a great morning tuesday i really enjoyed catching up with you matey. See you next week.